Sponsored Athlete - Erica Lugo
People Ask: “What Made You Want to be a Fitness Influencer?”
Being a Mom
For starters, I wanted to be an active mother to my beyond-handsome, rambunctious, witty son, Connor. I knew I had to change my life when he asked me to play with him (not even two feet away) and the thought of getting my ass off the sofa was dreadful. That was a terrible feeling, and situation, on so many levels. This was the beginning.
Secondly, I wanted to be me—the woman I felt on the inside. This woman, who loves fashion, couldn’t even fit into a Moo Moo dress. I was pushing a size-30 at Lane Bryant and wearing a 3-4x top. Clothes were becoming limited and I hated it. When I started, I weighed over 320+ lbs. Since I’m about 5’11”, people couldn’t tell how much I REALLY weighed, but the scale never lied to me. Thirdly, I wanted to become Mrs. Vince Vaughn.
I Like A Challenge
Going in, I only knew the basics: less calories in, more calories out. That’s a rule I follow to this day. I don’t have a cook, nanny, or trainer—I’m all 3. Plus, I don’t have a sugar daddy… yet, so I don’t have all the money in the world to make it rain on products like shakes and pills. Also, let’s face it, that junk has been around for years, but it doesn’t work long term and I wanted this weight gone forever! So, I logged the man-hours, maintained portion control, worked hard, and made sure to have a ton of fun! I’m not here to sell you junk you won’t use or tell you everything is going to be okay. It won’t be. You’re going to have days where you want to give up, where you’re going to say “Screw it, I’d rather be large.” I know. I was there and still have some of those days myself. I’m here to show you and help you keep this as simple and real as possible.
More about Erica:
- Where she's from: Erica lives in Dayton, OH with her husband, 11 yr old son, 14 yr old step son, 11 year old step daughter and three dogs!
- School or certifications: NASM and ISSA Certified
- Sports or other activities: I am the most unathletic person in the world, unless in the gym.
- Hobbies: Reading, journaling, holidays!
- Favorite NuEthix products: Cort-Eaze and Thyro-Boost!
- Favorite quote: "You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it"